We all know how useful and practical Google Docs, Basecamp, Huddle and Zoho can be if you need any kind of collaboration tools or software. But there are many other tools that can really empower our collaboration strategy. I have listed a few one you should not miss!
* Stixy, Stixy helps users organize their world on flexible, shareable Web-based bulletin boards called Stixyboards. Users can create tasks, appointments, files, photos, notes, and bookmarks on their Stixyboards, organized in whatever way makes sense to them. Then they can share Stixyboards.
* Project2Manage, Project2Manage is an online project management application that helps you stay up-to-date, on task and connected with your team. We’ve taken the hard work of staying organized and simplified it for you.
* Laboratree, Management for your colleagues, groups, projects, labs, collaborative docs, meetings, notes and mailing lists. A place conducive to experimentation, investigation, observation, collaboration and anything related to science
* Teamwork PM, Project Management Made Easy! Teamwork Project Manager is an easy-to-use online teamwork & project management software application that helps managers, staff and clients work together more productively online.
* FMYI, FMYI [for my innovation] is a private collaboration site where you store and share information securely with your team. It combines a social networking site look and feel with tools to achieve your goals. Stay on the same page — literally. Create pages to manage projects, track contacts, share files, and more
* Assembla, Manage a project-oriented business: unify a core team, contractors, and clients, look good with branding and client permissions, report on a portfolio of projects and track time estimates and expenditures
* Deskaway, DeskAway is a web-based team and project management software that makes it easy to organize, manage and track projects from a central location.
* 5pm, 5pm can be your central location for project and task management, team collaboration, time tracking, reporting and more…
* Hyperoffice, Collaboration Software built for Small Medium businesses. Share outlook and documents online through out-of-the-box intranet software.
* Ice3 Online Collaboration is an easy-to-use business application for daily communication, collaboration, and document sharing. [ Suggested by Peter Inchley, with thanks ]
* CodeTwo Public Folders, is a Microsoft Outlook extension designed to share Outlook calendars, contacts, tasks, mail and even docs with other users in the company or home network. Use CodeTwo Public Folders to share your Outlook data with others in real-time, manage access rights, work in the offline mode [Suggested by Natally, with thanks]
Mind mapping and whiteboards
* Bubbl.us, Because you can: Create colorful mind maps online, Share and work with friends, Embed your mind map in your blog or website, Email and print your mind map and Save your mind map as an image
* Dabbleboard, Dabbleboard is an online collaboration application that’s centered around the whiteboard. With a new type of drawing interface that’s actually easy and fun to use, Dabbleboard gets out of your way and just lets you draw. Finally the whiteboard enters the digital age!
* Twiddla, Mark up websites, graphics, and photos, or start brainstorming on a blank canvas. Browse the web with your friends or make that conference call more productive than ever. No plug-ins, downloads, or firewall voodoo – it’s all here, ready to go when you are. Browser-agnostic, user-friendly.
* Mind42, Real-time brainstorming. Simultaneously work on maps with friends and colleagues and see changes as they happen.
* Mindomo, Plan and organize your projects. Project management and project planning for all of us. Define goals and objectives. Create work breakdown structures. Manage tasks, resources and priorities and evaluate outcomes
* Mindmeister, real time brainstorming, security features and mobile access. Share and collaborate your mindmaps with your colleagues and friends in real-time (Suggested by Olaf Lewitz, thank you!)
Notes and Bookmarks
* Diigo, Store and tag your bookmarks online, highlight the web just as you would on paper, send your findings in various ways, mark as unread bookmark, add a smart folder for quick acces and saving.
* Protonotes, Protonotes are notes that you add to your prototype that allow project team members to discuss system functionality, design, and requirements directly on the prototype. You can think of it like a discussion board/wiki in direct context of your prototype.
Email, contacts, calendar
* Spicebird , Spicebird provides integrated email, calendaring and instant messaging with intuitive user interface and integration. It runs on Windows and Linux and can connect to any standards based email and calendar server.
* Vyew, Vyew is a new and powerful for real-team and always-on interaction between people and content. Vyew’s clear-view workspaces enable a transparent collaboration flow with content. Review the past, work together in the present and prepare for the future.With Vyew you can give a presentation to a hundred people online or post a document you’ve been working on for review by your colleagues at their convenience.
* Dimdim, Hold live meetings & events using just your web browser and Dimdim. Collaborate in real-time like you were “there” with anyone, anywhere in the world, share docs, whiteboards – even record your sessions – with no software to install, save money and travel with included video, voice and phone conferencing, enjoy unlimited use: meet as often and as long as you want at the lowest price.
* Show Documents, Web meetings and online document sharing. Free real-time web meetings, presentations and training sessions, interactive whiteboard, drawing tools, text edit and live chat, upload and review live web pages
* Yuuguu, Web conferencing, Training, Online meetings & Product demonstrations
* Mikogo, Mikogo is an easy-to-use cross-platform desktop sharing tool, ideal for web conferencing, online meetings or remote support.
* Textflow, makes it easy to integrate document comparison, redlining and merge tools into your Document Management System. With the TextFlow capabilities embedded in your product, your end users can easily track and visualize changes in documents – making the task of drafting, refining, and finalizing documents much more efficient.
I don’t know if you have use some of them, but please, let me know other software or tools you have used or know of, let’s collaborate to have a much complete list!!
Enjoy this article? Why not subscribe to the full RSS feed ?